Mount Washington

Mount Washington

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Stepping outside of ones self

Sunday morning, 0900 hrs and it was the Indian hills run I was about to involve myself in. The race is 9.3 miles of hilly terrain. Initially, when I signed up for this race I was no sure how I would run it, then I found out a friend of mine was also running. Normally I get a bit self occupied with trying to run PR’s or push myself to the point that I can’t really recall the details of the race. But since my friend was running this race, I decided to run this particular event for enjoyment, and this was a decision to which I was committed, no matter what I started to feel at the start.


It was a perfect day, Low 70’s sunny ……and I was well fueled for this course. I was informed that the race is very hilly and mostly run on old fire roads. I knew I would enjoy this race, because I wasn’t going to kill myself, and would actually be able to enjoy the scenery. Enjoyed it I did!!!, the hills were challenging , but with my anticipated Mt Washington Race, I was well prepared, and personally I felt very strong on ever climb..... it was a great run and I was very pleased to have made such an out of character decision and just run the race for enjoyment instead of competion. We finished at 1:27:15 and had plenty more in the tank. As I stated in earlier posts, you just have to step outside ones self to learn somthing about yourself, and in this case I did....thanks to my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment